Friday, November 23, 2012

Master Bathroom Reveal

Recently, my husband and I decided to do a little master bathroom renovation!

 Mostly, I was tired of our old fake marble countertops. They were old, a strange color, and it was hard to make them look clean. We started looking into various options, and discovered a local business that paints over countertops to make them look like granite for a fraction of the price. 
Here's a before picture of the bathroom:
 And here is what they looked like after we painted! Isn't it an amazing difference?



We also decided to frame in our builder grade mirror. We bought some 4 inch crown moulding, I painted it black, and Loren cut the 45 degree angles and used a brad nailer to hang it around the mirror.

And then, after some convincing the husband to let me, we painted the vanity black! This project was seriously SO easy and I am so thrilled with how it turned out! I bought a Rustoleum primer and black semi-gloss enamel paint (they have no idea who I am, by the way. I'm saying this because it's what I chose to buy at the hardware store.) Thankfully, my husband had found an orbital sander on Craigslist awhile back, because without that tool this project would have been a lot more labor intensive. But with the sander, it was a breeze and we were done sanding in no time. We put on one coat of primer, and then I painted on 2 coats of the black enamel with a brush. I absolutely love how the semi-gloss finish turned out and the black really pops against the new counters! 









A little bit closer view of the countertops



I absolutely love walking in to our bathroom and seeing how well our little projects turned out! There really is something about doing something yourself that makes you appreciate it a little more. If you have any questions about what we did or products we used, please leave a comment!