Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Roasted Cauliflower (with hot sauce!)

Roasting vegetables is most definitely, without a doubt, my favorite way to eat almost any of them.

Cauliflower might be my most favorite. I just love how it can go from something kind of gross when it's just raw to something INCREDIBLE when it's roasted. And then...when you add some hot sauce, it just overwhelms me how good it is! I've been known to eat an entire head of cauliflower when I make this recipe.

Here's one of those things that is getting me through this Whole30 with complete joy:


  • 1 head of cauliflower, cored and chopped into florets
  • 1-2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter), melted (you could use regular butter if you have no idea what I'm talking about)
  • Sea salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic salt, paprika, and parsley.
  • Hot sauce (like Frank's Red Hot Sauce -yum.)
  1. Preheat oven to 425.
  2. Put chopped cauliflower into a large ZipLoc bag (or a tupperware container would work too). Add melted ghee and shake!
  3. Once cauliflower is coated, pour out onto a foil-lined baking sheet. This makes for easy clean up!
  4. Sprinkle generously with seasonings
  5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cauliflower begins to brown. You might use a spatula to flip some of the pieces so they brown on the other side. You are looking for the balance between raw-crunchy and overcooked, so be careful! They should be softened, not mush or burnt.
  6. Remove from oven and let cool (if you can wait that long!). Dip in hot sauce. Enjoy!