I've had some requests to share the recipe of my veggie packed breakfast casserole that I made for our first week of Whole30. Here you go!
BREAKFAST EGG CASSEROLE
- 16 eggs, whisked
- 1lb homemade breakfast sausage (recipe linked)
- 1.5 cups spinach leaves, cut into small shreds
- 1/2 package sweet cherry tomatoes, chopped (I cut mine with scissors - watch out for flying tomato juice!)
- 1 zucchini, diced
- all purpose seasoning (I used a country herb grinder)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Crack all the eggs into a mixing bowl. Whisk. Add salt to taste.
- Add (cooked!) breakfast sausage to eggs. Combine veggies into egg/meat mixture and stir well. Add seasonings to taste.
- Pour into a greased 9x13" baking dish. I used olive oil.
- Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes. Watch closely to avoid over-baking. Make sure center is "set", not saucy.
- Serve and enjoy! Or refrigerate for future breakfasts. Eat within a week.
This is super delicious and you can use different ingredients to recreate it! Bacon or pork sausage instead of ground beef. Broccoli, yellow squash, mushrooms (if you're into that kind of thing...), etc. The possibilities are endless so you don't have to get bored eating a healthy breakfast every day.