Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Whole30 Days 3-8

We are still going strong around here with the Whole30! At this point, it's been an entire week since I've eaten anything with grains, sugar, or dairy in it. We are feeling great and losing weight! Technically, we aren't supposed to weigh until the end of the 30 days...we are not following that rule. But the results are motivating so I think it's a good thing!

Day 3 - January 3, 2013

This was kind of a long time ago...

Breakfast was my yummy egg casserole loaded with lots of veggies and ground beef.
Lunch was leftovers from breakfast on day 1 - so some scrambled eggs with meat and veggies. And a glorious apple.
Dinner was FABU - taco salad with zesty taco/lime chicken over romaine lettuce with cucumber slices and guacamole for dressing! YUM

Day 4 - January 4, 2013

Breakfast was more egg casserole
Lunch was leftovers from dinner - more yum!
Dinner was rotisserie chicken...and roasted cauliflower! with hot sauce! The cauliflower -  it is number one on my Most Favorite Ways to Fix Vegetables list.

Day 5-  January 5

Ah, the weekend. Weekends are brutal because they bring lots of lovely time spent with lots of people who aren't eating like you.

Breakfast was scrambled eggs!
Lunch was leftover rotisserie chicken and leftover roasted broccoli.
Dinner was spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and ground turkey! More yum!

Day 6- January 6

Breakfast - Bacon! Scrambled eggs.
Lunch - my MIL was so kind to invite us over for lunch. They're doing a Whole30 too! We had spaghetti squash with yummo broiled chicken and tomato sauce. And salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. And fruit salad.
Dinner - Our small group from church got together for dinner and, while I was in the presence of cheese, salad dressing, and brownies and ice cream, I abstained from anything non-Whole30 compliant and still had a delicious dinner of chicken tenderloins, roasted asparagus, and salad.

Day 7 - January 7 {are we catching on yet that the days match the calendar date? good.}

Didn't have to work until 12, so I made some different stuff for breakfast!
Breakfast - broiled grapefruit - super yum. Also, some blueberry breakfast sausage and scrambled eggs with veggies.

Lunch was the last of the rotisserie chicken with hot sauce, an apple, a handful of nuts. I should have had veggies with lunch but I was in a hurry and didn't have time. Had some mixed nuts at work to tide me over.

Dinner was pulled pork that had cooked in the crockpot all day and was divine. Also, I boiled about 1lb of  fresh green beans, drained the water, and added about 1 Tbsp of ghee, some sea salt, and garlic powder. Heated it in a pan just until the ghee melted and coated the beans, and then served piping hot. Also wonderful!

Day  8 - January 8 - today!

Breakfast was scrambled eggs with spinach and salsa, and blueberry breakfast sausage.
Lunch - Chipotle with my mama! Salad with peppers and onions, steak, mild tomato salsa, and about 2 Tbsp guac. Thank goodness for restaurant food I can eat!
Dinner tonight is meatloaf and zucchini fritters and more green beans.

Overall, it's going really well! Honestly, after we got through the first few days it hasn't been nearly as hard as I thought it would be to stay on track. The hardest things to give up have been the dairy products...milk, cheese, yogurt (these are a few of my favorite things!). I miss them all, but life is okay without them. We go through about 2-3 cans of coconut milk a week. Coconut milk in my coffee is really growing on me! I do miss my flavored coffee creamers a lot though...

Otherwise I've been feeling really tired the last few days. I've been assured that this is normal because my body is learning that it can't rely on the sugar and refined carbs for fuel. The sleepiness wears off after noon though and I had the energy to work out today so it's not so bad. Also, I've had some really strange dreams...also normal. Thankfully my dreams haven't been food related! Probably because I haven't really been feeling deprived, just satisfied with good food choices. 

If you have any questions or comments, drop me a line below!