Friday, May 31, 2013

Pinterest Pedicure?

For Mother's Day this year, my mom gave me and my sisters the ingredients for a "Pinterest Pedicure" she had seen.

I'm always interested in finding out whether the stuff on Pinterest is legit or not. Believe it or not, back in the old days of Pinterest, there wasn't nearly as much bogus junk on there, and all the links actually took you to awesome people's blogs where you could find out the details of the cool thing you just saw.

These days, everyone and their mother (literally!) is trying to take advantage of Pinterest's power to drive tons and tons of traffic to their website and make you the most popular person in the blog-world. Kind of annoying.




Anyway, I digress. Mom gave us little gift baggies with a bottle of listerine, a bottle of vinegar, and some awesome Trader Joe's coconut oil body butter.

To create the soak, you combine 1/4 cup listerine, 1/4 cup white vinegar (or apple cider I hear also works), and 1/2 cup water. Then soak for 10 minutes and then "the ded sken juz FAWLZ ovf!"

I figured it was worth a shot, so I doubled the recipe for the foot soak and both me and the hubs* tried it out.

*Don't tell him I told you he did the foot soak.

To be honest - the listerine felt all good and minty and it definitely softened my feet up for awhile...but don't believe the claims that the dead skin just falls right off when you're done. Unless you pretty much have no dead skin on your feet - in which case, 1. I want to know your secret and B. Why would you even try this? - then this might work wonders for you.

However, the BEST part about all of this is the AMAZING Trader Joe's coconut body butter. Seriously. Go get 5 jars of this and throw away all your other body butters. It has coconut oil, vitamin E, and shea in it and it seriously smells like sugary frosting. Thankfully it's not as greasy as rubbing frosting all over your body would be. It absorbs great and smells divine. The only downside is that it makes me want a cupcake.



So, in closing:
1. Get this body butter as soon as you can. But leave a couple for me in the store, ok?
2. If you're feeling like you want a mouthwash foot soak, it's not as magical as it sounds, but it does soften your feet a little bit.