Qeepsake - A New Kind of Baby Book and Why I Love It!

Among the most popular phrases said to new parents, "You'll miss this someday," "It goes by so fast," and "You need to write all this stuff down!" are among the most popular. ALL ARE TRUE!

I can't really do anything about the fact that babies don't stay babies forever and seem to grow up at warp speed. I also can't really do anything about the fact that my mind used to be a steel trap of details and memories, and now, thanks to the small human who resided in my body for 10 months and stole part of my brain, I can't remember anything anymore, (She also stole my whole heart, so it's okay, I tell myself.)

I know every mom wants to find a way to bottle up all the precious things and sweet moments and memories that happen, but let's face it. About the last thing a new mom has time to do these days is sit down and write stuff down. Plus, by the time a mom gets a hot second to herself, she literally can't remember anything that happened to her that day. Her brain is mush. Writing is therapeutic to me, and I still don't seem to make the time to journal and store memories like I want to.

Shortly after Lottie was born, my mom (who is brilliant) gave me the idea to do a baby-book calendar and hang it in our kitchen so I could quickly jot down milestones and events throughout Lottie's first year. I have LOVED doing that and I got this one on Amazon. It has cute stickers for monthly birthdays and milestones for baby. And because of it's convenient spot in the kitchen, I see it often and have actually been pretty faithful at filling it out!

A couple weeks ago, I saw a Facebook ad for Qeepsake. I had heard about it before, but never really looked into it. This time it caught my eye and I saw it came with a 2-week free trial, so I signed up! Every night shortly after Lottie goes to bed, Qeepsake texts me a question about her, and I text back an answer. Qeepsake stores my answers as dated journal entries and compiles them into an online baby book! I can text in pictures and also random things that happen that I want to remember and Qeepsake stores it all.  Even cooler - whenever you're ready, you can order a Qeepsake book that prints out all your journal entries to date!

I absolutely have fallen in love with storing memories this way!! In my business, I use my phone a LOT, so I love the convenience of texting in journal entries. I have found that I really look forward to the nightly text from Qeepsake to reflect on the day.  When my free trial was over, I opted for the Qeepsake Plus plan ($35/year) which allows me to text Qeepsake whenever Lottie does something adorable (so, always) or something special happens, and I can text in pictures that I want to keep, too!! I LOVE this feature!

One thing I really appreciate is that the Qeepsake questions are often things that I wouldn't normally think to write down about her. Questions like - What are 2 things about Lottie's personality that you love? What was your favorite moment with Lottie today? What does Lottie do when she recognizes someone? What is a piece of wisdom you want Lottie to know? The questions get me thinking and reflecting and I love that I am building a journal of more than just milestones, but things about her unique self that I know I would forget eventually.

You can add more children to your Qeepsake account, so you can make journals for each of them! The Qeepsake Books are expandable so you can always get more pages to keep on storing unique memories for your children. I love that we have our sweet baby calendar to remember Lottie's first year, but I am so thrilled that I have found Qeepsake to keep storing memories throughout her childhood. I know I will look back and treasure these so much one day.

If you'd like to use Qeepsake for yourself, I'd love it if you would use my unique referral link! I am not being compensated by Qeepsake in any way and all of the opinions in these post are mine. I just wanted to share something awesome with you, my awesome readers, that is super convenient and I have fallen in love with!!!