Instant Pot White Chicken Chili

A couple of weeks ago, I could no longer resist my urge to make soup, despite the fact that the fall weather was not cooperating at all. I had a hankering for white chicken chili and, since my brother and his wife had just welcomed their 5th baby into the world, I had an occasion to make a ridiculously huge batch of it!

I looked at a few recipes on Pinterest, but didn't love any of them enough to go all in. I also am never as prepared as I want to be in the meal-planning department. So I kind of made up my own recipe and decided to use my Instant Pot to save time and the result was delicious. Even my husband, who admittedly doesn't really like soup and has asked me to dial it back in the soup-making, said it was delicious! #winning

The Instant Pot, you guys. I cannot sing it's praises enough. I basically use it every day. It saves my bacon several times a week because I can make dinner in less than an hour, which is about how much advance warning I give myself to get dinner on the table. The BEST part about the recipe below is that it takes ingredients literally straight out of your freezer and your pantry and delivers a scrumptious bowl of chili to your table in an hour!! When I made this recipe, I made one batch and cooked it while making brownies and some cornbread to take to my brother's family. When their batch was done, I put the second batch ingredients in the Instant Pot and let it cook while I ran food to their house, so dinner was fresh & done as soon as we walked in the door! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!




print recipe

Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
A super quick and absolutely delicious white chicken chili cooked in the Instant Pot!
Ingredients
  • 4-6 Frozen Chicken Breasts
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion (I used frozen)
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 3 15oz cans Great Northern Beans (undrained)
  • 1 15oz can   Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles (undrained)
  • 1 15oz can Corn (undrained)
  • 1 quart Chicken Broth
  • 2 tsp oregano
  • 1 1/2 tsp cumin
  • to taste salt & pepper
  • 1 12oz container sour cream
  • to garnish shredded Pepper Jack cheese
Instructions
Add frozen chicken breasts to bottom of Instant Pot. Add all other ingredients on top and then pour chicken broth over everything. Close lid on Instant Pot and set top vent to "Sealing". Select "Manual" and then increase time to 60 minutes and keep on High Pressure (default). When finished, do a quick pressure release and then remove lid of Instant Pot carefully after all pressure is released. Shred chicken breasts with 2 forks. Stir in container of sour cream. Top with pepper jack cheese and enjoy! We loved this with corn chips for crunch or corn bread!
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 8 servings